Respect for human rights
1. YTB does not tolerate any kind of discrimination, either inside the company or among external stakeholders. In short, this includes discrimination based on age, gender, race, skin color, nationality, belief system, religion, or physical or mental disability; discrimination that infringes on fundamental human rights as defined by the Constitution of Japan and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights; and discrimination that infringes on human rights related to equality of employment, prohibition of forced labor and child labor, freedom of association, and the right to collective bargaining, as defined by international labor standards. This is not a definitive list and YTB does not tolerate any kind of discrimination, including types not listed above.
2. YTB does not tolerate any kind of harassment, either inside the company or among external stakeholders. In short, this includes sexual harassment (verbal or physical harassment of a sexual nature that harms the working environment or the working conditions of other employees), and power harassment (abuse of authority in the workplace causing psychological or physical distress to other employees, actions infringing on the human rights of other employees, and actions with a negative effect on the working environment). This is not a definitive list and YTB does not tolerate any kind of harassment, including types not listed above.
Freedom from corrupt practices
1. YTB does not engage in any bribery, exchange of gifts, or client entertainment that infringes on any law or regulation, either domestic or international. YTB does not provide, offer, or promise any unreasonable benefits to public servants or other such persons, or to the families of these persons. YTB does not support, condone, or encourage any unfair behavior of this kind.
2. YTB does not, either within Japan or overseas, instruct, instigate, or encourage the provision of financial benefits to government organizations for the purpose of unjust lobbying by our subcontractors or partners (hereafter referred to as Business Partners), regardless of whether the Business Partners are individuals or organizations. YTB does not pay processing fees or compensation if we become aware of a Business Partner involvement with such unfair lobbying behavior.
3. YTB does not provide, offer, or promise financial benefits (as money or in kind) to the executives or employees of other enterprises, either within Japan or overseas, for the purpose of requesting favors from the said executives or employees. YTB does not accept any provision, offer, or promise of benefit (as money or in kind) from any other enterprise for such purposes.
4. YTB complies with the Japanese National Public Service Ethics Act, National Public Service Ethics Code, Criminal Law, and Unfair Competition Law, as well as the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act of the United States, the Bribery Act of the United Kingdom, and all other laws and regulations related to prevention of corruption in countries around the world.
5. YTB does not provide, offer, or promise to the executives or employees of other enterprises, either within Japan or overseas, excessive gifts (as money or in kind) or entertainment exceeding the socially acceptable scope.
Exclusion of antisocial forces
1. YTB excludes any persons, either from inside the company or from among external stakeholders, who threaten the order of civil society or obstruct the development of healthy economic and social activities (hereafter referred to as Antisocial Forces). YTB has absolutely no involvement with such Antisocial Forces.
2. Should YTB receive unjust requests from Antisocial Forces, we shall not respond to the requests in ways such as providing monetary or other benefits.
3. YTB has absolutely no dealings or interactions with Antisocial Forces, regardless of the reasons behind such dealings or interactions.
4. YTB never utilizes the influence of Antisocial Forces to conduct acts of fraud, violence, verbal or physical threats, unjust demands, obstruction of other persons, or damage to credibility.
5. YTB provides no cooperation with acts of money laundering via the receipt, payment, or safe-keeping of questionable funds.